California Alliance of Caregivers (CAC) Ambassadors is a statewide coalition of kinship, foster, guardian and adoptive parent leaders that represent the voices of caregivers around the state. CAC Ambassadors share information with caregivers in their community, and gather information and feedback from caregivers to share with decision-makers.
CAC Ambassadors sign a Memorandum of Understanding that they will adhere to and demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with other caregivers and community members to achieve established goals.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Communicate and Collaborate Ethically: Display ethical behavior and communication that aligns with the values of California Alliance of Caregivers.
California Alliance of Caregivers Ambassadors agree to:
- Represent the collective county/region voice of relative and non-relative caregivers to promote the well-being of children in foster care.
- Actively and consistently participate in two monthly CAC Ambassador meetings.
- Act as a liaison and conduit of communication for your county through emails, updates, and social media.
As an Ambassador of California Alliance of Caregivers you will have the benefits listed below:
- Input, updates and representation for statewide workgroups, coalitions, and roundtables
- Notice and support for preparing legislative letters of support
- Advocacy support and training specific to your local county needs
- Access to CAC and CAC Affiliate training materials and resources
- Collaboration and support for local foster and kinship parent organizations
- Information sharing with other caregivers, programs, and agencies around the state
- Monthly newsletter contribution
- Annual Ambassador Appreciation Event & Leadership Summit
- Annual Caregiver Day at the Capitol
If you are interested in being an Ambassador for your county or region, email Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org.